2. Data Protection, Security & Privacy
UBER Interiors is seriously committed to protecting your privacy and maintaining the security of any personal information received from you especially regarding payment. We strictly adhere to the requirements of the data protection legislation in the UK and have chosen to take the payment path away from our site for peace of mind and directly engage you with our trusted third party on the Barclays payment gateway for their recognised strength in this area.
All payment transactions are securely handled by Barclays Bank’ ePDQ system and at no time is our technology or staff privy to any full payment details that would deem a risk to the financial security of the User’s payment details.
By making an offer to buy a product, you specifically authorise us to transmit information (including any updated information) or to obtain information about you from third parties from time to time, including but not limited to, your debit or credit card number (though as previously stated not full details that would deem a financial security risk) or credit reports, to authenticate your identity, to validate your credit card, to obtain an initial credit card authorisation and to authorise individual purchase transactions.
We reserve the right to keep all customer details (with the notable exception of full payment details – see above) on UBER Interiors’ ordering system and a digital and/or paper copy of your details at our Head Office until such a time we deem it suitable to destroy them. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure all information remains confidential within the eyes of the law.
The purpose of this statement is to explain to you what personal information we collect and how we may use it.
1. When you order, we need to know your name, address, email address and card details. This allows us to process and fulfil your order. You have the option to withhold personal information that is not required for the order process. IMPORTANT: THROUGHOUT THE ONLINE PURCHASE PROCESS AT NO TIME DO UBER HOLD OR SEE YOUR PAYMENT CARD DETAILS.
2. AT NO TIME IS UBER ABLE TO VIEW YOUR PASSWORD. You are sent an automated email when you sign up the contents of which no UBER Interiors employee or person associated with the design or hosting of the website can view. Subsequently, UBER Interiors can enter a new password on your behalf if you instruct which will immediately be obscured from visibility as it is entered and going forward. Alternatively, the User has the option to then change the password within My Account section.
3. We use your personal information to notify you of your purchase and to send you updates on your products and/or requested services.
We will only contact you with your consent and an opt-out option will be provided.
4. We do not sell, rent or exchange your personal information with any third party for commercial reasons, beyond the essential requirement for credit/debit card validation during purchase.
5. We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information that you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access in accordance with the UK data protection legislation. We do not collect sensitive information about you except when you specifically knowingly provide it. In order to maintain the accuracy of our database, you can check, update or remove your personal details by logging into your account or by emailing email@example.com.
6. We use a technology called “cookies” as part of a normal business procedure to track patterns of behaviour of visitors to our site. A cookie is an element of data that our Website sends to your browser that is then stored on your system. You can set your browser to prevent this happening. Any information collected in this way can be used to identify you unless you change your browser settings.
7. In order to process credit/debit card transactions, the bank or card processing agency may require to verify your personal details for authorisation outside the EEA (European Economic Area). Your information will not be transferred outside the EEA for any other purpose.
If you have any questions about privacy please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Product Options and Descriptions Including Lead times
Generally, our lead times are conservative estimates given by the relevant manufacturer. However, as examples: due to popular demand, peak season, or configuration changes including non-standard finishes it is possible that the lead times may require extending and it is suggested that upon order completion you call or email our Sales team to give a more accurate reflection. In many cases, it is possible that our conservative estimates mean that we would be in a position to deliver earlier than predicted.
Each product purchased is sold subject to its Product Description. Please be aware that many items are available in a range of finish configurations e.g. sizes and materials used. If a user does not deliberately adjust these options via the selection boxes (drop down lists) the default configuration is automatically selected when adding to the basket. The user has
Each product purchased is sold subject to its Product Description. Please be aware that many items are available in a range of finish configurations e.g. sizes and materials used. If a user does not deliberately adjust these options via the selection boxes (drop down lists) the default configuration is automatically selected when adding to the basket. The user has a chance to review and amend this selection as the detail description appears in the final Confirmation screen before committing to purchase. It is the full responsibility of the user to ensure that the configuration in the order placed is the correct and desired options before completing the (initial deposit) purchase process and the user will be held liable for any outstanding payments from hence for the manufacture (if applicable) and delivery of the product in the configuration ordered.
Please do not rely entirely on the product images to reflect the default configuration description. From time to time UBER Interiors may choose to use images which we believe to be more desirable alternatives for certain products than the accurate reflection of the finishes and measurements shown. If UBER Interiors believes the user has reasonable grounds to claim that a website technical error occurred during the selection and purchase then UBER Interiors reserves the right to request all monies owed be settled whilst UBER Interiors’ technical team investigate and may or may not be refunded in part or whole subject to UBER Interiors’ conclusion.
As an effort to eradicate such occurrences the User should notice that if the initial main image for the product does not reflect the default values we will endeavour to bring it to the user’s attention within the product description so as not to deliberately misguide.
PLEASE NOTE: UBER takes all reasonable care to ensure that all details, including but not limited to: lead times, descriptions and prices of products appearing on the Website are correct at the time when the relevant information was entered onto the system. Although we aim to keep the Website as up to date as possible, the information, including Product Descriptions, appearing on this Website at a particular time may not always reflect the position at the exact moment you place an order. Particular attention is drawn to the fact that many of the items for sale on the site are manufactured by non-UK based companies and therefore minor English translation mistakes may occur in the presentation details and particularly descriptions of some products. We endeavour to ensure that all issues are resolved before they are live on the site, however, we kindly ask you to tolerate minor instances of errors and help report perceived mistakes to our editor by emailing their whereabouts to email@example.com. With regard to lead times, UBER Interiors will not be held liable for any damages, losses or in breach of contract of sale if the lead time is not accurately reflected for any reason.
The dimensions given are written for your guidance. Before ordering, please ensure that there is adequate room to take the furniture through any doorways and windows, taking note of any restricted passageways, stairs and awkward turns.
Great care has been taken to ensure dimensions are accurate for each product however UBER Interiors cannot be held liable for any inaccuracies. If you do come across something that you know to be incorrect we would love to have the opportunity to put it right. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning the product number and the issue.
Colours, Textures and Sample Swatches
With best endeavours, it is UBER Interiors’ intention to supply accurate visual representations of colours e.g. finishes and material swatches, as true to the finished product as possible. However, due to vast differences in end user display monitors, it is almost impossible to guarantee consistent reproduction. This is further exacerbated when trying to compare using printing because of an even greater range of inconsistencies with regard to desktop printers.
Great care has been taken to display original state images from manufacturers where they have been supplied, although in cases where this is not possible we go to great lengths to ensure that the images have been adjusted by experienced staff with high-end monitors and equipment to obtain as true a likeness as possible. UBER Interiors cannot guarantee that any colour or texture shown on the website will accurately represent the finished article. We advise that where critical, you contact us to obtain a sample swatch prior to ordering. Simply make a note of the product number and chosen swatch and email the details to our customer service team at email@example.com
Repeat order finish variation
Whilst every effort will be made at the time of purchase to colour match items (where more than one item in a range is ordered) we cannot be held responsible or guarantee there will not be minor variations in finish and colour. This is especially applicable to products made from animal skins.
The leather is a natural product and each hide will have its own individual characteristics and natural marks. Differences in the grain, texture and colour may be apparent from one hide to another and even within the same hide. UBER Interiors selects only hides of the highest quality but some marking is inevitable and should be accepted as part of the individual appearance of leather furniture.
With exposure to light and air, cherrywood, maple and oak will mature to a deeper colour. This will be most pronounced in cherrywood, which mellows to a deep copper colour. For this reason, objects placed on surfaces could leave ‘shadows’ when removed. Should this happen, exposure to daylight will eventually darken these paler areas.
In addition, some products which are produced in natural finishes such as WOOD and LEATHER are susceptible to unique characteristics such as knots, grain, minor colour differences, repaired scars etc. These are not deemed inherently as Faults but should be embraced as signs of a truly natural product.
UBER uses sophisticated technology in both running its website and in presenting the products and all other information. Very occasionally there may be times when obvious errors occur, for example when a price, product, service or other detail displayed or presented on the website is incorrect. In this case, we reserve the right to cancel (or agree to an amendment with you in respect of) any contract if it has been entered into and it contains this mistake. This, of course, will be without any liability to you.
4. Warehousing service – purchased goods
If you decide that you wish to delay your delivery for any reason we can arrange secure warehouse storage of your goods until you are ready. Please note this will alter your insurance rights if there is any damage found at a later date – see insurance notes below.
If UBER Interiors receive (and subsequently confirm) verbal or written instruction, we will be happy to store any or all your UBER Interiors purchases safely and securely in our warehousing until you are ready to receive them. However, please be aware that it is not advisable to store items longer than a few weeks and most fabric based items may not store well due to the colder conditions than standard climates. UBER Interiors, their suppliers and any third-party storage company cannot be held responsible for any issues caused by the storage conditions, you do so at their own risk. However, every care will be taken to ensure the goods are stored and cared for in a safe environment.
Important insurance note: Under normal circumstances, goods would be inspected for damage, defects or issues at the point of final delivery to you the customer and reported back to the manufacturer within 7 days in order to make a claim. However, please be clear, in these circumstances the responsibility and liability of the goods checked or unchecked remains in your hands and the transportation to the warehouse becomes the new final destination. Ownership and liability are transferred to you immediately and after 7 days arriving at the storage facility, claims cannot be raised.
The storage facility will not normally inspect an item for damage, issues or defects, therefore, it is possible that an item will be stored in its original packaging with a potentially unknown issue. If 7 days have expired since receipt of the goods in the storage facility and no issues have been declared back to the manufacturer (regardless of where the fault may have been caused) your right to claim such damages will expire. You store at your own risk. You do have a right to request to go inspect the items in person and we can facilitate this with at least 48 hours’ prior notice. It may be possible to request an inspection on delivery to storage by the professional warehouse team (as we do for many of our particularly delicate items), but be aware that original packaging will need to be part or wholly destroyed in order to inspect therefore potentially leaving the goods vulnerable for any onward journey. Our storage facility will endeavour to fully re-pack the goods to their best ability though this is rarely to the standards of the original protection and every effort will be made to inspect thoroughly, but neither UBER Interiors, or the suppliers of UBER Interiors can be held responsible or liable for any missed issues (once the 7 day statutory rights have expired).
If shipping to the customer was originally quoted and subsequently diverted to warehousing, our shipping charge and commitment ceases on delivery to the storage facility. When the goods are ready to be released to customer’s final destination we would be more than happy to facilitate a new carriage quote.
The first 2 weeks’ storage is FREE OF CHARGE. Thereafter we will charge a nominal fee including handling from GBP£4 (ex VAT) per cubic meter per week per palette, to GBP £22.50(ex VAT) per week for a 7 cubic meter container dependent on location, or more. Please check with our customer service team before looking to utilise this service as they can advise best prices to suit.
We reserve the right to review and change these figures on a six monthly basis. We will invoice you on a quarterly basis as a minimum as standard unless requested otherwise. Please be aware that prices may increase during the term of your storage. We will give you written notice at least one month in advance of any increases. We may also choose to store your items at one of our third party warehouse specialists within the UK.
We will start your free 4 weeks from the day your goods arrive at our storage destination. Uber will notify you of this date.
5. Acceptable Use Policy (General Terms relating to website use)
The following terms apply to your general use of our website:
* Access to our website is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our website without notice (see below). We will not be liable if for any reason our website is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of our website, or our entire website, to users who have registered with us. You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our website. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our website through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them. We grant access on a per user, per account details basis. It is not acceptable to pass on your access details for any person other than yourself at any time. Please ensure other members of your company/family have their own accounts.
* For users awaiting membership approval who have registered on the website and have received an acknowledgment email, we will endeavour to process approval or rejection within 48 working hours. However, we will not be liable if this process exceeds the target time.
* We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our website, and, save for our user’s content (where we are licensee See Specific Terms relating to the Community), in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved. You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our website for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on our website.
* Commentary and other materials posted on our website are not intended to amount to definitive advice on which reliance should be placed. We, therefore, disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our website, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
* We aim to update our website regularly and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our website, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on our website may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
* The material displayed on our website is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we, other members of our group of companies and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
i) All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
ii) Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our website or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our website, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for: loss of income or revenue; loss of business; loss of profits or contracts; loss of anticipated savings; loss of data; loss of goodwill; wasted management or office time; and for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
iii) This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, or our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, or any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
* You must not misuse our website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our website, the server on which our website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our website. You must not attack our website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our website will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our website or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
* You may link to our homepage, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you. Our website must not be framed on any other website, nor may you create a link to any part of our website other than the homepage. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. The website from which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our Acceptable use policy.
If you wish to make any use of material on our website other than that set out above, please address your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Where our website contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
In the event of a dispute that we are unable to resolve, we recommend that you contact the Furniture Ombudsman as they offer an independent dispute resolution service.
Note: the trade names and logos of UBER, Uber, uber, UBER Interiors, Uber Interiors, uber interiors and branding of UBER Interiors and UBER are registered and protected Trademarks under UK and EU law and must not be used or reproduced without the strict permission of the owner. Please contact the UK Intellectual Property Office for guidance. Copyright Uber and Uber Interiors 2009-2017.